Friday, August 3, 2012

Crab Dip Tartlets

"The Family is the Country of the heart."GIUSEPPE MAZZINI,


TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM


  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY 
  • TWEET TREATS
  • DID YOU KNOW...?
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • PHOTO PICK OF THE GARDEN
  • FAUNA
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0057 CRAB DIP TARTLETS
  • WHAT IN THE WORLD?  
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY 
The latest from the new baby chicks, which are now laying...we just love 'rainbow' chicks (in other words, a collection of different breeds who lay different eggs!) Aren't they cute?


TWEET TREATS
bringing you the quirky, funniest and most interesting tweets from Twitter that we came across.  
My buddy Champ got his tank top caught in the door of an old-fashioned steam train. He lost both ears & can't wear hats anymore.                  @trumpetcake

DID YOU KNOW...?
The worlds largest tomato plant was 65 ft tall. 
GARDEN UPDATE
 Weirdish weather today. Overcast and stormy looking clouds with humidity and oppressiveness. Kinda windy,too, and blew down some pears. A little before their time, but because they are Bartletts they ripen inside on the counter, so we will see.
PHOTO PICK OF THE GARDEN 
Today's Category: Geekiest Family Portraits Ever



GARDEN GIGGLE

ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST AD

The Position
I'm hiring myself out as a pet cat to anyone who wants to own me. I truly believe I would make a great pet cat, much better than your typical cat. If you're interested we'll sign a one year contract, renegotiable at the end of the term. Basically, I'll provide all the services of a pet cat, while you pay for all my food and housing, plus incidentals.


Things About Me
I am at my best slacking off, sitting around the house, that kind of thing. Very much like a cat. My lifelong passion and hobby is napping, and my qualifications in this field are impecabble. Sometimes I change rooms or chairs, and sometimes I even go to the front window to see what's going on in the street. One of my favorite moments is the long drawn out yawn accompanied by a full body stretch. At nights I like to take a nip outside and prowl around town, getting back a bit before sunrise.

My Job Experience
1995-1998: lived at my parent's. No job whatsoever and lounged around the house. Performed these duties admirably.
1998-2000: lived at my sister's place with her fiance. Still no job, watched TV mostly from the couch, sometimes the floor. Achieved all goals and overcame all obstacles, gained the experience needed to move myself forward professionally.
2000-2004: lived at my girlfriend's. No job, lounged around in her backyard when she was away, curled up on her lap when she got home. Tough situation but rose to the occasion.
-references available

What I Will Do As Your Pet Cat
Basically my objective is to fulfill all the duties of a domestic cat. I promise to sit around the house all day doing nothing, catch naps, maybe watch some TV. I will NOT do any work whatsoever, nor will I pick up the phone. Since we cats like to stay clean I will have a long warm bath two times a day. When you come back after work, I will give you 30 seconds of affection, then go back to my nap. If you speak to me about what happened at work I will gaze impassively at the wall, and you will have no idea whether I am listening to you or not. I will largely ignore any friends or relatives you bring over.

What You Will Do As My Owner
Your job is to provide me with all the food I need to stay happy. (uhh, I'm a talented cat too so I know how to open the fridge and help myself to food, keep it stocked). Its also up to you to keep the place clean so I can find plenty of areas to sit and nap. As a potential owner you'll most definitely have a TV with satellite (like all cats I'm mesmerized by the moving things on the screen) that I'll be able to watch while you're at work. All medical/dental expenses covered by you the employer. I'm not your typical stay-at-home house cat so it's vital you leave a window open at night so I can go out and roam. Don't worry where I go, if it makes you feel better than leave me some spending cash on the table before you go to bed.

So how does that sound? If you are interested then send me an email.

FAUNA

GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0057 CRAB DIP TARTLETS
A great appetizer for a summer party! Make the dip alone, or serve in these cute little tartlets!

You Will Need:
(1)  cup cooked crabmeat or one 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
(1/2)  cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
(1/2)  cup dairy sour cream
(2)  tablespoons finely chopped red onion or green onion
(1)  tablespoon snipped fresh dillweed or 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
(1)  teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or lime peel
(1)  teaspoon lemon juice or lime juice
 Salt and black pepper
Assorted crackers and/or vegetable dippers
 
Instructions:

In a small bowl stir together crab, mayonnaise, sour cream, the 2 tablespoons onion, the 1 tablespoon dill, the 1 teaspoon lemon peel, lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.

Transfer dip to a serving dish. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. If desired, garnish wtih finely chopped red or green onion. Serve with crackers or vegetable dippers.Makes about 1-1/3 cups.

Crab Tartlets: Prepare dip as above through step 1. Spoon dip into 30 miniature phyllo dough shells (two, 2.1-ounce packages). For a hot appetizer, place the 30 miniature phyllo dough shells on a large baking sheet. Spoon dip into phyllo shells. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through. If desired, garnish with finely shredded lemon peel and fresh dill sprigs. 
Per tartlet: 62 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 8 mg chol., 52 mg sodium, 3 g carbo., 0 g dietary fiber, 2 g protein. Daily Values: 1% vit. C, 1% calcium, 1% iron. Exchanges: 1 Fat
 

WHAT IN THE WORLD? 
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1830 Plans were laid out for the City of Chicago
1873 Custer and the 7th Cavalry are attacked by Indians
1892 Lizzie Borden took an axe...
1936 Jesse Owens wins long jump and respect at Olympics in Germany
1927 Country Music Star Jimmie Rodgers records for the first time
1944 Anne Frank captured
1972 Philippines hit hard with flooding
1977 President Jimmy Carter establishes the Dept of Energy
2012 Michael Phelps wins his 20th medal in the Olympics


FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook Or Pin us!Follow Me on Pinterest    Delicious

No comments: