- JUST BLOOMED TODAY ~READER'S SHARE
- OVER THE FENCE:SHARING LIFESTORIES~#LS1 MEET AUNT RUTH
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- WHAT IN THE WORLD?
Today's share comes from Betty in Whittier, sharing her beautiful red sunflower she grew from seed. She shares that she planted several packages of seeds and this is the only flower she received! It IS gorgeous, Betty, and thanks for sharing!
Scorcher again today at 93F and counting. <sigh> Well, I guess we ARE into August now. Not looking forward to September either, but crossing fingers and toes that it will be a mild transition into Fall.
We are all ready for Fall and Winter this year, with a good two cords of hardwood chilling in the love shack, ready to keep us toasty warm and chase the electric bills away! Nice to have it all done ahead of time, so we are not out there cutting wood in the freezing cold, like usual.
- Seeking the services of a star turtle or other celestial amphibian to tow our planet closer to the sun. We need to evaporate a lake. Please note that the lake is sentient and evil, so please be prepared for that. Don't worry, we don't have peanut butter.
Compensation: gold, platinum, gems, or pizza
This is a part-time job.
This is a contract job.
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- If you really want the crap skis you stole out of the back of my truck last week that bad, you might as well have the crap boots that go with them. I was about ready to give them away anyway, it might as well be you as anyone else.Give me a call, my first name is Chris, my last name is on the skis in permanent marker, I'm in the book
- I need help catching the gator that ate my prized pig. My pig (Rudy Belle) was wearing a very expensive necklace, a generational necklace, which was in my wife's family for years. The emotional distress I have had from losing my pig is nothing like the stress I will receive from my wife if I don't get it back. It happened at the Blue Cypress Golf Club and it scared the bejesus out of me. I spoke to management and they said there was nothing they could do. If anyone has found the necklace or has seen this gator ( has a weird blotchy snout) pleasssse contact me. Thanks,Jimmy T.
- Are You A Ghost Surfing The Web?
What is your name?
How did you pass away?
Why are you surfing the internet?
- This coffee table is perfect for someone with a cocaine habit or shooting a porno movie.
Qualities of the table:
- It spins
-Doesn't have any weird splotches under black lights
The price of the table is firm: $7.83, four cans of Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli, and a framed photo of Betty White.
- Autographed copy of the Bible- I've read it three times. Pretty boring.
- First of all, I should clarify...this might be an ad that is of interest to someone who is NOT a vegetarian- specifically, I expect it to appeal more TO a vegetarian than say, someone who enjoys meat- meat eaters are not to be excluded.
- Here's the scoop. Attractive, anatomically interesting carrot is seeking someone to "appreciate" same.
you should know right away from that last sentence if this is something that turns you on or not- so I invite you to stop reading now if you think this might not be your thing.
If you're still reading, I'll assume that your interest is piqued, and that you're the kind of person who has an open mind, and might be interested in exploring vegetbles as more than a basic food group, and something worthy of more "special" attention.
My carrot wants to meet you if you are:
-respectful of yourself and root vegetables. Non smokers and fatties need not apply.
-open to the possibility of taking deep pleasure in healthy foods
-into gardening a plus!
- fond of the color orange
- not a rabbit/ rabbit owner (you might be surprised by how sick some people are...)
stir fry utensils
take a look and see if we might be able to make a connection.
1492 Three sailing ships, commanded by Christopher Columbus, set out on a historic journey
1861 Last installment of "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens is published
1914 Germany and France declare war on each other
1923 Calvin Coolidge takes oath of office after Harding's death
1936 Jesse Owens wins his first of four gold medals at the Berlin Olympics
1949 The NBA is born
1958 The US Nautilus became the first submarine to travel under the polar icecap of the North Pole
1996 The 'Macarena' begins its top of the charts popularity
2004 The pedestal of the Statue of Liberty was reopened to visitors for the first time since 9-11
2008 Multi-million dollar baby photos of Jolie-Pitt twins published in People magazine
2012 US Women's Swim Team wins more gold; Badminton controversy as 8 athletes are sent home from the games for throwing a game