- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPES #0058 COUNTY FAIR CORN DOGS
- WHAT IN THE WORLD?
Humid again today. In the paper it said that 29 Palms, not too far from us as the crow flies, had to shut down 15 miles of highway due to flash flooding. 81F at midnight last night. No break from the heat here.
AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY
- Hi Kelly, Death calling.
- I just wanted to let you know so that you weren’t surprised if you come back for shower tomorrow that my cousin is girlfriend, maybe.
- Hi Mike, It’s Mom Mom, I got three dozen roses, I can’t believe it. Gosh I’m gonna have to get up on you or something.
- Brannock ridged. Pro-life apocalypse. Thank you.
- I know you're a truck so would love to get some more details as to what happened and how the the what transpired between you guys with you and have a meeting. Xxx address my neck
- Low testing then that we will require what what what what what was asking but our answer will be okay.
- Hey this is Steve loaded down with our media. I was John. Shall I give me your number.
- hi allen my name is white and my number is area code (626) 523-8023 once again the number is (562) 652-3808
- I want to try to put some angel fund money into your mother
- Hey don't forget your dad killed her name. Be careful on the way. Read some pretty clear down here bomb within like 130 to be careful. Bye.
- Hi again This is Michael. So calling from Ralph there. Volkswagen lasagna.
- Hi Harry, This is Curtis, We have got a piece at Jesus. I don't know what was in my mouth.
(2/3) cup yellow cornmeal
(1/4) cup white sugar
(1 1/2) teaspoons baking powder
(1) teaspoon salt
(2) tablespoons bacon drippings
(1) egg, beaten
(1 1/4 ) cups buttermilk
(1/2) teaspoon baking soda
(2) pounds hot dogs
Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F.In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in melted bacon drippings. Make a well in the center, and pour in the egg, buttermilk, and baking soda. Mix until everything is smooth and well blended.
Pat the hot dogs dry with paper towels so that the batter will stick. Insert wooden sticks into the ends. Dip the hot dogs in the batter one at a time, shaking off the excess. Deep fry a few at a time in the hot oil until they are as brown as you like them. Drain on paper towels or serve on paper plates.
Nutrition:Calories 254,Total Fat19 g,Saturated Fat7 g,Cholesterol40 mg,Sodium677 mg,Total Carbohydrates13 g,Dietary Fiber1 g,Protein7 g
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1805 Scotland's William Wallace was captured by the English
1858 First transatlantic telegraph cable completed
1861 Lincoln imposes first federal income tax
1884 The cornerstone was laid for the Statue of Liberty
1914 First electric traffic signal installed
1944 Hundreds of Jews are freed from forced labor in Warsaw
1957 American Bandstand goes national
1962 Marilyn Monroe is found dead
1969 Mars probe Mariner 7 flew by Mars sending back pictures and information
1981 Reagan fires over 11,000 air traffic controllers
2002 The turret from the Civil War era USS Monitor was raised
2012 Michael Phelps wins his 21st Olympic medal