Friday, June 29, 2012

Garden Read Continues

"My children teach me to slow down and enjoy life."

TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM


  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY 
  • TWEET TREATS
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • GARDEN READ~ LETTER IN THE WALLET PART THREE
  • FAUNA
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY 
Bromeliad

Firecracker Plant
 
TWEET TREATS
bringing you the quirky, funniest and most interesting tweets from Twitter that we came across. 
I don't like to argue but I will have imaginary fights in my head with someone I dislike @Molly_Kats

GARDEN UPDATE
Scored at the bargain bin at Lowe's and brought home a carful of flowers! Most were one or two dollars marked down, and all they need is a little love.

Hot today and a little wind in the afternoon.

GARDEN READ~ LETTER IN THE WALLET PART THREE
We entered the dayroom. Hannah was a sweet, silver-haired old-timer with a warm smile and friendly eyes. I told her about the wallet and showed her the letter. The second she saw it, she took a deep breath. "Young man, " she said," this letter was the last contact I had with Michael." She looked away, then said pensively, "I loved him very much, but I was only 16 and my mother felt I was too young. He was so handsome. You know, like Sean Connery, the actor."


We both laughed. The director then left us alone. "Yes, Michael Goldstein was his name. If you find him, tell him I still think of him often. I never did marry." she said, smiling through tears that welled up in her eyes. "I guess no one ever matched up to Michael."


I thanked Hannah, said goodbye and took the elevator to the first floor. As I stood at the door, the guard asked, "Was she able to help you?"


I told him she had given me a lead, "At least I have a last name. But I probably won't pursue it further for a while." I explained that I had spent almost the whole day trying to find the wallet's owner.
Tune in tomorrow for more Garden Read!

GARDEN GIGGLE


It was that time, during the Sunday morning service, for the children's sermon. All the children were invited to come forward. One little girl was wearing a particularly pretty dress and, as she sat down, the pastor leaned over and said, "That is a very pretty dress. Is it new?"

The little girl replied, directly into the pastor's clip~on microphone, "Yes, and my Mom says it's a b*tch to iron."

FAUNA


FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook Or Pin us!Follow Me on Pinterest    Delicious

No comments: