Thursday, June 28, 2012

Honey Mustard Apple Coleslaw

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf,
A land of trees that stand;
Where trees have fallen there is grief;
I love no leafless land." A. E. Housman

TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM


  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY 
  • TWEET TREATS
  • DID YOU KNOW...?
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • GARDEN READ~LETTER IN THE WALLET PART TWO 
  • FAUNA
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • GARDEN GOODIES~ SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0040 HONEY MUSTARD APPLE COLESLAW
  • WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE FENCE
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY 


TWEET TREATS
bringing you the quirky, funniest and most interesting tweets from Twitter that we came across.  
If you uncoiled your intestines out into a straight line, they would almost reach all the way out to the end of your CVS receipt @The Nardvark

DID YOU KNOW...?
Thought I'd pass along the info I received after waiting on hold from Verizon Tech Support. All of sudden one of my e-mail addresses would not come in on my Droid smartphone. The reason? Microsoft has bought Yahoo, and wants you to use their msn technology, as well as their search engine Bing. Google, who owns the Android name, is their arch enemy. Therefore, in order to get your Yahoo mail on an Android phone, you need to go to the Google Play Store and download the Yahoo Mail app(free). 


Now I have several Yahoo e-mail accounts, and the others were working fine. But the tech warned me that it's probably because they are older accounts and Yahoo hasn't got to them yet; So I am being safe and switching all my Yahoo accounts on my Droid over to the app before it happens. Just thought I could save you some strife waiting on hold for tech support. My sister said the library near her was having an awful time with the Yahoo mail accounts as well. So, now you know.

GARDEN UPDATE
 Those apricots are still sitting on the counter...of course it IS awfully nice to walk by and pick one out to munch!


Tomatoes are turning red! We had fried green tomatoes the other day and they were sooo sweet!


GARDEN READ~ LETTER IN THE WALLET PART TWO
I asked the woman if she knew a Hannah.
"Oh, of course! We bought this house from Hannah's family."
"Would you know where they could be located now?" I asked.
"Hannah had to place her mother in a nursing home  years ago. Maybe the home could help you track down the daughter."


The woman gave me the name of the nursing home. I called and found out that Hannah's mother had died. The woman I spoke with gave me an address where she thought Hannah could be reached.


I phoned. The woman who answered explained that Hannah herself was now living in a nursing home. She gave me the number. I called and was told, "Yes, Hannah is with us."


I asked if I could stop by to see her. It was almost 10 p.m. The director said Hannah might be asleep. "But if you want to take a chance, maybe she's in the dayroom watching television."


The director and a guard greeted me at the door of the nursing home. We went up to the third floor and saw the nurse, who told us that Hannah was indeed watching tv.
More tomorrow....
GARDEN GIGGLE



FAUNA


GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0040 HONEY-MUSTARD APPLE COLESLAW 
This is a great picnic coleslaw because there is no mayo. PLUS, it's low fat!



You Will Need:
(1) 16oz bag of coleslaw mix(shredded cabbage and carrots)
(8) medium green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
(2) medium apples, cut into julienne(thin) strips
(1) cup of reduced-fat honey-mustard dressing


Instructions:
In a large bowl toss all ingredients. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Per serving (1/4 cup) Cals 70, Total Fat 2.5g Sodium 200mg Fiber 1g EXCHANGES 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE GARDEN FENCE
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1613 The historic Globe Theatre burns down
1964 First New Zealand troops arrive to help in Vietnam
1967 Actress Jayne Mansfield dies in car crash
1972 US Supreme Court rules that the death penalty is unconstitutional
1995 US Space shuttle docks with Russian Space Station
2003 Katharine Hepburn dies at age 96
2012 ABC News Inland Empire Bureau Chief Bob Banfield dies of cancer at age 82

FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook Or Pin us!Follow Me on Pinterest    Delicious

No comments: