Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Trash to Treasure~Recycled Tire Art

"And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.".          Trent Reznor 



TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM


  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY 
  • THE ADVENTURES OF TEXTFROMDOG
  • TWEET TREATS
  • DID YOU KNOW...?
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • TRASH TO TREASURE~RECYCLED TIRE ART
  • FAUNA
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0046 TEN MINUTE PINEAPPLE-GINGER SHRIMP COCKTAIL
  • WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE FENCE
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY 


THE ADVENTURES OF TEXTFROMDOG
Bringing you the online adventures of textfromdog by October Jones. You can find him on Facebook. He has discovered that his dog, "Dog", a bulldog, can text him. Each day we will share his texts with you. October's remarks are in green on the right side of the screen, Dog's are on the left.


TWEET TREATS
bringing you the quirky, funniest and most interesting tweets from Twitter that we came across.  
I'm just a maxi dress away from feeling like I really fit in on this elevator    @trumpetcake

DID YOU KNOW...?
Moon flowers bloom only at night and close during the day.
GARDEN UPDATE
 Much cooler today with a wind all day. Yesterday they were still sending us extreme weather alerts for thunderstorms. It's afternoon here and only 84F.


Been picking tomatoes every day and enjoying eating them even more! They are simply fabulous just straight from the garden, red and firm and tasting of sunshine!


TRASH TO TREASURE~RECYCLED TIRE ART
Of course, you know recycled art is near and dear to my heart! So today I am sharing with you some amazing recycled tire art. Hopefully it will stimulate your creative juices on what to do with those old tires!










GARDEN GIGGLE
 Actual Guy Messages from Online Dating Sites:
  • Looking for a date to my nephew's funeral. Then to McDonald's after. My treat.
  • I have an 80$ limit on my Paypal card...wanna go get something pierced?
  • I ask everyone this just to see what kind of person they r. If you had gills, would you spend more time in the water or on land?
  • hi, i'm gary. I own 2 very successful cranberry bogs. wanna chat?
  • I've only done weed a few times, no other stuff except one time I snorted a bee...don't judge
  • ain't got a nose so you don't have to shower (much)
  • I will shave you
  • I have a good job at Rite Aid. I kin take care of u
  • I should tell you I've been to prison; but I did work out there though
  • I like to picnic but not where cats are buried
  • what's your favorite toe?



FAUNA

GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0046 TEN MINUTE PINEAPPLE-GINGER SHRIMP COCKTAIL
What a showy delicious way to start your dinner party...and it only takes ten minutes!

You Will Need:
9 fresh pineapple spears
1/4 cup apricot fruit jam
1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/2 lb. medium cooked shrimp (about 32)
1 medium red or green bell pepper, cored and cut into 12 strips

Instructions:
Chop 3 pineapple spears into bite-size pieces; combine with preserves, onion, ginger and black pepper in medium bowl.
Arrange shrimp, bell pepper strips and remaining pineapple spears on 6 plates or in 6 cocktail glasses. Top with pineapple mixture.


WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE GARDEN FENCEOn today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
64   2/3 of Rome burns. Emperor Nero rebuilds and is dethroned 4 years later
1792 Naval Hero John Paul Jones dies in Paris
1925 Hitler published Mein Kampf
1940 FDR nominated for an unprecedented third term
1960 15 year old Brenda Lee earns a #1 hit with "I'm Sorry"
1969 Shortly after leaving a party on Chappaquiddick Island, Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy of Massachusetts drives an Oldsmobile off a wooden bridge into a tide swept pond. Kennedy escaped the submerged car but his passenger, 28 year old Mary Jo Kopechne did not. The Senator did not report the fatal car accident for 10 days. 
2012 U.S gripped by drought- Midwestern states hit the hardest

FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook Or Pin us!Follow Me on Pinterest    Delicious

2 comments:

Donna said...

Horse and Kitten Picture` My step-grandchildren saw the cute picture of the horse and kitten and said, "Aw-aw-aw! I think they need a blanket to keep off the snow!"

Virginia said...

Liked the pretty sunset and poem today!