- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- THE ADVENTURES OF TEXTFROMDOG
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0055 RASPBERRY CREAM PIE
- WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE FENCE
Busy day today as in-laws up and doggie to the vet first thing. Threw off the watering schedule so didn't water until 5p.m. Good thing though considering how horribly humid and yucky it was outside today. Although I limited the amount of time I was in it, it still wipes me out. Great excuse for a big nap when I got home!
- Large glass mug with "Fred" etched into it. Free to anybody named Fred. Photo identification is required.
- Barely used, birthday hat for a dog. Fits all breeds of dogs, as long as they have a medium to large head. May also fit a huge cat, llama or a red panda - not recommended for lemurs. Respond to this message if interested.
- Selling my disrespectful, alcohol abusing, dwi arrested, spoiled bar bum of a daughters perfect BMW X3. The is a white X3 si, with xenon headlights, panoramic roof, all beige leather interior, all options with 105,000 miles on it. Just completed it's 100,000 maintenance 2 months ago and is in complete and perfect condition with only the driver being the malfunction. We paid $20,500 12 months ago for the vehicle. Needing to sell to pay her legal battles and to buy her a shiny pink bicycle with a horn until she gets her act and her life in order some time soon. Beautiful car with no exterior, interior, or mechanical issues.
- I am quite sure most of you have seen the rather large green dragon that has been flying over the north east side of Grand Rapids for the better part of a week. I am looking for someone to:1.) Lure said dragon away from Grand Rapids to a more rural area.2.) Force said dragon to land in rural area.3.) Slay said dragon in whatever way you see fit.No Pay, dragon slaying is it's own reward.Please note that I am not talking about the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
- Precocious seven year old donkey with a penchant for opening gates, army-crawling under fences and waking up the neighbors at ungodly hours. Loves to be groomed by everyone but the one that feeds him. Demands a king's ransom in the finest hay (only to pee all over anything that might hit the ground). Enjoys regular visits from the vet and farrier (as he routinely causes such a fuss that I need to reschedule). Thoroughly loves (to chase and maim) dogs and other furry critters. Gets along well with pasture mates (that can out maneuver his back hooves).Trailers well (probably).Gelded, though would happily do again.Potential homes will be thoroughly screened (for video cameras so I can make a clean get away).Contact with questions.Fine Print (added 3/12): Despite my big talk here, Donkey is in no danger of being sent to auction or sold to some traveling band of indoor basketball players. I am looking for a home that can give him a job, career or provide that springboard and mentorship into political office. I am not selling him for money, nor am I looking to offload him onto some hoarding situation or funny farm. However, I am asking the same of you and requesting that he be returned if you can no longer care/feed/vet/entertain him. Or, if you find your herd some morning curled up, whimpering and begging for a swift exorcism of the demon donkey. I will do a site visit and check farrier and vet references. If, after reading this not so fine print - you still think you have the perfect fit, please drop me a line.
- I'm sorry to have to post this, but a horrible mistake was made. When you picked up the dresser I was not at home. My roommate was supposed to make sure that my ferrets were put away, but... Bottom line, my two ferrets are in separate drawers of the dresser. They should be okay, but I wanted to warn you not to take them both out at the same time. They were rescues... and I was never able to socialize them.They not only fight, but actively plot each other's demise.Otherwise - they're perfectly fine!Please call or email when you read this.*sorry for the inconvenience
|Gene Simmons inspired VW Bug|
In honor of National Raspberry Cream Pie Day, we offer this delicious, yummy dessert!
(1) Premade Oreo Cookie Pie Crust
(3) Tablespoons Sugar
(2) containers (6 Ounce Each) Raspberry Yogurt
(1) package (3.4 Ounce) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
(1) cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Extra Raspberries For Garnish
Place raspberries on a plate or in an empty pan. Smash them with a fork, then sprinkle on 3 tablespoons of sugar. Stir together and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine raspberry yogurt with the instant vanilla pudding mix (just the powder itself.) Beat on low until combined, about 1 minute. Pour in heavy cream and whip on low for 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Turn mixer on medium-high speed and beat for two minutes, or until mixture is thick.
Turn off mixer, then fold in raspberries until just combined. Pour into cooled pie pan and spread evenly. Freeze for two hours, or until very firm. Cut into slices and top each slice with cookie crumbs, dollops of whipped cream, and extra raspberries. Keep in freezer, allowing time to thaw before serving.
WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE GARDEN FENCEOn today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1914 First World War erupts
1936 Hitler oversees opening day of Olympics in Berlin
1943 PT-109 sinks
1961 Six Flags Theme Park in Texas debuts
1966 Charles Whitman goes on a killing spree at the University of Texas, shooting 46 people
1972 Future President George W. Bush is suspended from the Air National Guard for missing a medical exam
1981 MTV debuts
2007 First drive-thru ATM opens in China
2012 17yr old Missy Franklin wins gold medal in swimming