- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- THE ADVENTURES OF TEXTFROMDOG
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0053 MINI CHEESECAKE BITES
- WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE FENCE
|Congrats to my step-cousin Neil, who was never potty trained and now owns a Porsche. Life is a delightful kaleidoscope of dreams! @trumpetcake|
That there are four people who will competing in the Olympics without a country?They will compete under the Olympic flag.
Lovely way to wake up...hubby took out doggies early and let me sleep in and then did all the watering for me! Score!!!
- You might be a redneck if you get turned on when your wife/girlfriend shoots an armadillo.
- You might be a redneck if you get your 4-wheel drive stuck.
- You might be a redneck if you give Tic-Tacs out at Christmas instead of candy canes.
- You might be a redneck if you give your best bud a carton of cigarettes as a wedding gift.
- You might be a redneck if you go coon hunting with a spot light instead of a dog.
- You might be a redneck if you go into an auto parts store and tell them you need a part for your Chevy and when they ask you make and model you answer, “They’re all the same.”
- You might be a redneck if you go to a bar to cheer on your mother in mud wrestling.
- You might be a redneck if when you go to a drive thru the person at the window asks you to shut off your engine because it’s too loud.
- You might be a redneck if when you go to a drive thru you have to open your door because your window hasn’t rolled down in 5 years.
- You might be a redneck if you go to a stock car race and don’t need a program.
- You might be a redneck if you go to strip joints for family reunions.
- You might be a redneck if you go to the bank for a loan and the loan officer asks to see the stock you have listed as collateral, so you bring in the three hogs you bought last month at the auction.
HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended.
PLACE 1 cookie on bottom of each of 12 paper-lined muffin cups; top with cream cheese mixture.
BAKE 20 min. or until centers are almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours. Peel kiwi; cut into 6 slices, then cut each slice in half. Place 1 kiwi piece on each cheesecake. Top with berries.
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1942 President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs legislation creating a women's auxiliary in the NAVY known as the Waves
1956 President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs legislation declaring "In God We Trust" to be the nation's official motto and appear on all paper currency ( it was already included on coins)
1965 President Johnson signs the Medicare Bill into law. Harry S. Truman receives the very first medicare card.
1966 The Troggs take their signature hit, "Wild Thing" to #1 hit
1969 President Nixon visits South Vietnam
1976 Bruce Jenner wins the Decathalon
1994 Jesse Timmendequas is charged with the murder of seven-year-old Megan Kanka in New Jersey. Kanka's death inspired Megan's Law, a statute enacted in 1994 requiring that information about convicted sex felons be available to the public.
1998 Buffalo Bob Smith, host of the Howdy Doody Show, dies at the age of 80
1999 The Blair Witch Project is released.
2003 Last classic VW Beetle rolls off the assembly line
2012 In total medals at the Olympics, China is first so far with 12, U.S. second with 11 and Italy third with 7