- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GAMES~INDEPENDENCE DAY QUIZ
- WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE FENCE
|Nothing makes a woman feel sexier than the flimsy paper gown and plastic belt accessory at a Dr's office @Molly_Kats|
The largest flower in the world is the titan arums, which produces flowers 10 ft wide and 3 ft high. The flowers smell of decaying flesh and also known as corpse flowers.
Pretty hot today, with it hitting 90+ in the early afternoon. For all those people on the East coast without electricity, our hearts go out to you and fingers crossed that you will get power back on soon!
Continued to work on my apricots today. Prepared another batch of fruit puree and made 13 jars of jam. Still have another full bucket of fruit to go and the apples really need to come off that tree as they are jumping off by themselves.
- Your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand
- If a woman says she's game, and you shoot her
- If any of your children were conceived under a stoplight
- if any of your hobbies require a dog and a lantern
- if both your house and your car are on blocks
- if everything you won at the Fair is hanging from your rearview mirror
- if you take your wife to dinner for your first wedding anniversary at the Wal-Mart snack bar
- if grass is growing in the floorboards of your car
- if instead of buying your girlfriend candy and flowers you spray paint her name on an overpass
- if on cold nights the dog sleeps on the bed and the wife doesn't
How much do you know about your country? Take the quiz!
1. What is the title of the national anthem?
a.Oh Say Can You See
b. God Bless America
c.America the Beautiful
d. Star Spangled Banner
2.Who has the ability to declare war?
b.Secretary of Defense
c.The Joint Chiefs
3.How many full terms may a Senator serve?
d. no term limits for Senators
4. How many full terms can a President serve?
d. No term limits for President
5.Who becomes President if both the President and Vice President die?
a.Speaker of the House
b. Secretary of Defense
c. The Chief Justice
d. The First Lady
6. How many branches of government do we have?
7. How many stripes are there on the American flag?
8.Who was the President during the Civil War?
a. Abraham Lincoln
b. George Washington
c. Ulysses S. Grant
d.Lyndon B. Johnson
9.How many total Senators are there?
10.How many Presidents have been impeached?
Answers: 1-D 2-D 3-D 4-B 5-A 6-B 7-B 8-C 9-D 10-C
How did you do?
WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE GARDEN FENCE
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1775 George Washington takes command of the Continental Army
1863 The Battle of Gettysberg ends
1890 Iowa becomes the 43rd state
1969 Rolling Stone Guitarist Brian Jones dies
1971 The Doors Frontman Jim Morrison dies
1985 Back To The Future is released
1986 President Reagan rededicates the Statue of Liberty
2012 US East Coast experiences massive power blackouts and record heat