The man whispered, "God, speak to me."
and a meadowlark sang
But the man did not hear.
So the man yelled, "God, speak to me"
and the thunder rolled across the sky
But the man did not listen.
The man looked around and said "God, let me see you"
and a star shone brightly
But the man did not notice.
The man shouted, "God, show me a miracle"
And a life was born
But the man did not see.
So the man cried out in despair, "Touch me, God
and let me know you are here"
Whereupon God reached down and touched the man
But the man brushed the butterfly away
and walked on.
- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #007 BARBARA'S BEST BANANA BREAD
Had so much fun with Bindi today! Went to Starbucks, thinking that they would find me weird, but the girl smiled bubbily and handed me a GIANT trashbag full of used coffee grounds! Lovely rich stuff and smelled heavenly!
Then we shredded up newspaper, and snagged the lawn service guy from next door, who happily gave us a huge trashbag of grass clippings. He offered to drop some more off from a nice lawn he does on the other side of town that has no weeds and lush grass. All of this Bindi gobbled right up!
Then went in strawberry tops, old overripe tomatoes, and some torn up toilet paper rolls (thanks for the idea, Aunt Ruth~!). Hubby stirred it up with a big pitchfork, and finally it is starting to look like it is the right substance. We have set the calendar for hubby's bday to check to see if it is done.
Thanks, Aunt Ruth for the composting wheel you sent us...it came in very handy! Which reminds me, many of your local county Extension offices give courses, many of them free, on gardening, composting and vermiculture (worms). They also have great cooking and preserving classes. A fun way to learn things and make new friends!
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Grease a loaf pan. Turn oven to 350F.
- Remove skin and rough covering from bananas and mash with fork. Set aside.
- Beat the two eggs well and add to the shortening or applesauce.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time. Batter will be stiff.
- Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake at 350F for 60-70minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top before I put it in the oven to bake. Cool for 30 minutes on counter before slicing.