Monday, March 5, 2012

Cloudy Day

"Slow buds the pink dawn like a rose, From out night's gray and cloudy sheath; Softly and still it grows and grows, Petal by petal, leaf by leaf." 
Susan Coolidge



TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM

  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • FAUNA
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY
Narcissus Paperwhites

Icelandic Poppy and Pansies

GARDEN UPDATE
Well! A lot of wonderful comments emerged from our blog yesterday! Everyone was SO impressed with Aunt Ruth's amaryllis! We really thank her for spending her time to enlighten all of us on growing them.


She did mention that there needs to be a correction...On feeding the amaryllis, she gives them MiracleGro once a month EXCEPT for December and January. I apologize for the confusion. She also told me that she covers them up during the frost with a big sheet or tarp on her patio. We also use sheets for our plants during frost. Hold onto those old sheets...the plants don't care what they look like! They just want to be warm!


Weather can't make up its mind today. Overcast and yucky but sun peeking thru a wee bit now and then, just enough to make me put on my jacket and take off my jacket and put on my jacket and...AAARRGHH!


The husband just walked in the door with a Spring surprise for me...amaryllis bulbs!!! Isn't he the greatest man ever?


I cleaned out my fridge and found some questionable chicken...not for us or the dogs but I KNEW the ravens would be in seventh heaven, which of course they were...after they chased away the SWARM of seagulls who decided they wanted some chicken, too!After the sky was filled with white and black birds, I think we have a gypsy sign on our house...EAT HERE FOR FREE.
Watch the video!

GARDEN GIGGLE
Where do seagulls invest their money?
In the stork market

 What do you call a seagull when it flies over the bay?
A bagel

Guy#1: Someone said you sounded like an owl!
Guy#2: Who?

 What do you call a cow with no legs?
Ground beef!

FAUNA

FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook!

No comments: