|Photo Credits Paul Butler|
- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- AUNT RUTH'S AWARD-WINNING AMARYLLIS!
- GARDEN GIGGLE
AUNT RUTH'S AWARD-WINNING AMARYLLIS!
Well, I am SO excited to present this post today as we have been eagerly awaiting this topic! My Aunt Ruth is an award-winning gardener who is known for her amazing amaryllis! Today she is going to share with us her secrets to growing those beautiful flowers!
We are trying a new thing! A Podcast! For those of you who don't know what a podcast is, it's like listening to the radio interview of someone. So,bear with me, it is my first attempt at podcasting and I have no idea what the results will be! You have a couple of ways you can access this information. You can either listen to the podcast (hopefully it will work on your computer), you can read a written synopsis of the podcast, or you can click on the link and download the audio file to listen to on your own device.
1. PODCAST Here is the link to the actual podcast.
2. Here is the written synopsis:
Aunt Ruth was originally given an amaryllis in 1976 as a Christmas present. She was hooked! Soon, she was buying her own; in fact the very next one she bought (just in a bin) ended up being a Best of Show winner!
|Best of Show 1990|
|Aunt Ruth and Amaryllis Friend|
So, with a lot of patience, you will be rewarded with beautiful flowers for all to enjoy!
3. Here's the link to the audio file if the above podcast would not work for you.
- The Halloween pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than your spouse
- You let your twelve year daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids
- Last year you hid Easter eggs under cow pies
- You've been married three times but still have the same in-laws
- You think someone who is 'out of your league' bowls on a different night
- Anyone in your family ever died after saying "Hey y'all, watch this!"
- Your sister's hairdo was once ruined by a ceiling fan
- Your Junior/Senior prom had a daycare
- You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded right off its wheels
- You had to remove a toothpick for your wedding pictures
- One of your kids was born on a pool table
- Your toilet paper has page numbers on it
- You have flowers planted in a bathroom fixture in your front yard