Friday, March 16, 2012

Planning Your Dream Garden Part 1

"Dream and give yourself permission to envision a YOU that you choose to be." Joy Page

TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM

  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
  • PLANNING YOUR DREAM GARDEN
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • FAUNA
  • GARDEN GAMES
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY
Pansy

Pansy
  GARDEN UPDATE
Started out sunny today, and quite warmish, but didn't last. Soon, the winds came up and it started to get cold. We can sure feel that storm on its way in; But everybody's covered up and secure and the firewood is stacked, so we will all be warm.

On the subject of the 'vile' bees, we revisited the spot and a few stubborn ones remain. I was a full 15 ft away from the wall and turned and went back to the house and three of them followed me the whole way. Growling, they attached themselves to my shirt and wouldn't let go. I finally had to take my shirt off to get rid of them. So, although we feel bad we had to exterminate them, it was the correct decision. There was a family in Hesperia who lost two family dogs to killer bees, so we couldn't take the chance.

Took a lovely sunset walk with my hubby, as the brisk winds blew us around and the sun blazed its dying goodbye for the day.
 HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
 
May the Lord keep you in His hand and never close His fist too tight
May your neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, angels protect you and heaven accept you.
May the sound of happy music and the lilt of Irish laughter, fill your heart with gladness that stays forever after.
PLANNING YOUR DREAM GARDEN
 
When the weather is unpleasant is the perfect time to cuddle up with the seed catalogs and plan your dream garden. But before you pick up the phone to place your order, take a deep breath!
Before you even get to the stage of ordering and picking plants, try to close your eyes and imagine what your dream garden would look like. Now, that might not be totally achievable with your area and budget but it will give you an idea of what to work towards.

Many people throw lots of seeds and plants into an area and expect them to grow into a beautiful garden. Takes a whole bunch more than that!
 
The most successful gardens, that is to say the ones most home gardeners feel happy with, are the ones with multi-faceted use zones. Zones for play, zones for meditation, zones for outdoor entertaining, zones for beauty and color. The possibilities are endless and you can tailor it to your own needs.

Just because you live in an apartment doesn't mean you can't have a wonderful garden...maybe a container garden, or a terrarium; I have even seen bananas you can grow indoors!
Tomorrow we will continue on ways to plan and implement your dream garden! 


GARDEN GIGGLE
TOP TEN DOG PEEVES ABOUT HUMANS
  1. Blaming your gas on me..NOT FUNNY, NOT FUNNY AT ALL!
  2. Yelling at me for barking...I'M A DOG, YOU IDIOT!
  3. Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly whose walk is this anyway?
  4. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose...stop it!
  5. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you're not home.
  6. The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.
  7. Taking me to the vet for the 'big snip', then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back.
  8. Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry, but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet.
  9. How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth, you're just jealous.
  10. Dog sweaters...have you noticed the FUR?

FAUNA
 


GARDEN GAMES
Yesterday's answer:Can you see I love you?

FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook!

No comments: