- AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECYCLED ART PROJECT #0014: THE LOVE BEE
Had some snow a few days ago...pretty stuff, swirling in flurries gently down to the earth. Lately it has been BBBBRRRRRRRRR. Doing some garden clean up, love to see the new stuff hiding underneath!
- Acrylic Paints – Baby Pink, Black, White and Red (Editor's Note: You could do a yellow and black version of this project also)
- Clay Pots, (1) 4"Clay Pot, (1)2"Clay Pot and (1) Clay Saucer
- Pipe Cleaners – White, Black and Green
- red cardstock
- Low Heat Glue Gun
- Marker, Extra Fine – Black
Add White eyes using a pencil eraser. Use a stencil brush or cottonball and Red to lightly paint cheeks. Use paintbrush and black to paint the mouth. Add black dots to the centers of the white eyes with the end of the paintbrush.
Glue the pots together, and then glue the body to the black saucer.
Tie a lace bow for the wings and glue to the back.
Glue a black pipe cleaner to the back of the bee for the arms and roll up ends.
Glue two black pipe cleaners to the saucer for legs. Roll up the ends and bend at knee.
Fold a green pipe cleaner in half and roll up the ends. Cut a heart from the red cardstock. Write your love message with extra fine marker. Glue heart to the green pipe cleaner. Place in one bee hand.
Fold white pipe cleaner in half and roll up ends for the antennas. Glue to the inside of front of pot.