- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- AWKWARD VISIT WITH SANTA PHOTO OF THE DAY
- HIDEOUS CHRISTMAS SWEATER PHOTO OF THE DAY
- HOLIDAY ANIMAL PHOTO OF THE DAY
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- DOG CONFESSIONS
- BIZARRE CHRISTMAS CARDS
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0111 MRS. NITA BUTLER'S PERSIMMON PUDDING
- WHAT IN THE WORLD?
What an incredibly lovely day weather-wise. Like the Indian Summer we were missing, today's light breezes and gentle sun made it a delight. I hear rain and snow are coming soon, so we will enjoy it while we can.
BIZARRE CHRISTMAS CARDS
Most of the world calls them kaki; they are caqui in Spanish, or Sharon fruit in Israel. In the United States, we call them persimmons after the Algonquin Indian name for Diospyros virginiana, the native american persimmon or Possum Persimmon. The genus name, Diospyros, means “food for the gods”. Once you get to know persimmons, you will agree they are indeed food for the gods.
1. I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow, isn't looking good either.
2. I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by.
3. Am I getting smart with you? How would you know?
4. I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.
5. Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
6. There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
7. Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
8. Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
9. Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If he isn't there the first time you need him, chances are you won't be needing him again.
10. I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
11. Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?!"
12. My Reality Check bounced.
13. On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.
14. I don't suffer from stress. I'm a carrier.
15. You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
16. Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, 'cuz, like, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
17. Everybody is somebody else's weirdo!
1793 The Louvre Museum is opened
1864 President Lincoln re-elected
1887 Doc Holliday dies of tuberculosis
1892 Grover Cleveland wins the Presidency again; the only President to serve non-consecutive terms of office
1895 A German physicist discovers x-rays and wins Nobel prize
1939 Hitler survives an assassination attempt
1960 JFK elected President
1962 Last Ford Rotunda built
1971 Led Zeppelin releases the album containing "Stairway to Heaven"
1974 Ted Bundy botches an abduction attempt
1994 Hurricane Gordon is born; Sonny Bono is elected to Congress
2012 Barack Obama elected to second term as US President