- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- WHAT IN THE WORLD?
Top Ten Ways You Know You're a Gardener of the New Millenium...
1. You hesitate to ask your teenage son to help you in the garden because you're afraid his pants will fall down.
2. You call your wife on your cell phone from the garden and ask
her to bring you a beer.
3. Cutworms just wiped out an entire row of tomato seedlings and you drown your sorrows by drinking expressos.
4. You chat online each day with a fellow gardener from South Africa, but you haven't spoken with your next door neighbor all year.
5. You use a handheld GPS to mark the rows in your vegetable garden.
6. You take pictures of your garden just to make a new screen saver.
7. You check the ingredients on a can of chicken noodle soup to see if it contains Echinacea.
8. You haven't bought anything with real money in years.
9. Your idea of being organized is multiple colored post-it notes.
10. You checked your tiller last year to see if it would go online.
1776 Nathan Hale agrees to spy behind British lines
1881 Tensions grow in Tombstone after a stagecoach robbery
1897 First Drunk Driving arrest
1989 Hungary allows German refugees to leave
2012US Open comes to a close; NY Fashion Week continues