Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cheddar-Apple Sausage Balls



If thou survive my well-contented day

When that churl death my bones with dust shall cover,

And shalt by fortune once more re-survey

These poor rude lines of thy deceased lover;

Compare them with the bettering of the time,

And though they be outstripped by every pen,

Reserve them for my love, not for their rhyme

Exceeded by the height of happier men.

Oh, then vouchsafe me but this loving thought--

Had my friend's Muse grown with this growing age,

A dearer birth than this his love had brought,

To march in ranks of better equipage:

But since he died, and poets better prove,

Theirs for their style I'll read, his for his love.'
Shakespeare
TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM


  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY  
  • AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY
  • TWEET TREATS
  • DID YOU KNOW...?
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • FAUNA
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0077 CHEDDAR-APPLE SAUSAGE BALLS 
  • WHAT IN THE WORLD?  
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY 


AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY 

TWEET TREATS
bringing you the quirky, funniest and most interesting tweets from Twitter that we came across.  
  One part of Frankenstein used to belong to a woman named Tanya. Look it up.       @trumpetcake  

DID YOU KNOW...?
It's a fact that a snail can sleep for 3-4 years.
GARDEN UPDATE
Starting to feel a little like my favorite kind of weather, Indian Summer. That time when Summer wanes and the air seems kinder, more caressing, the breezes lighter and the sky more blue.

Had the wonderful patty-pan squash the other night, could not eat enough! FABOO. Just cut them up, threw in a little bit of water, a smidge of margarine and microwaved for 8 minutes...tender, mouthwateringly delicious.  

GARDEN GIGGLE
These are from actual resumes:

"Personal: I'm married with 9 children. I don't require prescription drugs.

"I am extremely loyal to my present firm, so please don't let them know of my immediate availability."

"Qualifications: I am a man filled with passion and integrity, and I can act on short notice. I'm a class act and do not come cheap."

"I intentionally omitted my salary history. I've made money and lost money. I've been rich and I've been poor. I prefer being rich."

"Note: Please don't misconstrue my 14 jobs as 'job-hopping'. I have never quit a job."

"Number of dependents: 40."

"Marital Status: Often. Children: Various."

FAUNA

GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0077 CHEDDAR-APPLE SAUSAGE BALLS
Here's a wonderful appetizer for those dinner parties or pot-lucks!

You Will Need:
(1) lb pork sausage with sage
(2 1/2) cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (10 oz)
(2) cups original all-purpose baking mix
(1) Braeburn apple, peeled, shredded (2 cups)
cooking parchment paper

Instructions:
Heat oven to 400F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. In a large bowl mix sausage, cheese, baking mix and apple with hands until well blended. Shape mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink.
Nutrition: Per Ball 79 cals; 5 g fat, Carb 4g

WHAT IN THE WORLD?  
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1189 Richard the Lionhearted was crowned King of England
1777 The American flag was flown for the first time in battle
1783 The American Revolution officially comes to an end with the signing of the Treaty of Paris in which England recognizes the United States
1914 Benedict the XV is named as Pope
1939 Britain and France declare war on Germany
1976 The Viking II landed on Mars and sent back pictures
1991 "It's A Wonderful Life" Director Frank Capra dies
2006 Tennis Pro Andre Agassi announces he will retire
2012 Legendary Songwriter Hal David dies. Here are some of the hits he wrote:Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head",-"This Guy's in Love with You",-"I'll Never Fall in Love Again",-"Do You Know the Way to San Jose",-"Don't Make Me Over",-"(They Long to Be) Close to You",-"Walk On By",-"What the World Needs Now Is Love",-"I Say a Little Prayer",-"The Story of My Life",-"Magic Moments",-"(There's) Always Something There to Remind Me",-"One Less Bell to Answer",-"Anyone Who Had a Heart",-"What's New Pussycat?",-"Alfie",-"The Look of Love"


FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook Or Pin us!Follow Me on Pinterest    Delicious

No comments: