- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE~ WHO SAID IT- JOE BIDEN OR MICHAEL SCOTT?
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0074 PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FRIES
- WHAT IN THE WORLD?
|Giant Afros: For when you're not really sure you have a personality. @SidKarger|
you take over 23,000 breaths everyday?
Just when you think the weather is easing up a bit...<sigh> and I KNOW September traditionally is a hot month for us.
Sprayed my cherry tree as it had brown leaf curl. I used this spray before on my junipers that had blight and it worked like a miracle.
2."If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong."
3. "You know what else is facing five Goliaths? America: Al-Qaeda. Global warming. Sex predators. Mercury poisoning."
4. "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."
5. "You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number? I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."
6. "I love babies. I think they are beautiful in all sorts of different ways. I try to pick up and hold a baby every day, if possible, because it nourishes me."
7. Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you’re a racist, I will attack you with the North."
8."It's not unmanly to wear a condom."
9."You may look around and see two groups here: white collar, blue collar. But I don’t see it that way, and you know why not? Because I am collar-blind."
10. "I've got to make sure that YouTube comes down to tape this."
11. "Pizza. Great equalizer. Rich people love pizza. Poor people love pizza. White people love pizza. Black people love pizza."
Answers: Joe Biden said #1,2,4,5 and 8
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, trimmed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
3/4 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups panko or plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped dill (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange an oven rack in the lower third of the oven and a second one in the center. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut zucchini into thick French-fry-size sticks, about 3 inches long.
Arrange 3 shallow, wide bowls or pie plates in a row. In the first bowl, stir together flour, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. In the second bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. In the third bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, dill (if using), and 1/2 tsp. salt.
Working in batches, first dip zucchini in flour, shaking off excess. Transfer to egg mixture and toss until coated. Let excess egg run off, then coat zucchini in panko mixture.
Arrange zucchini, without crowding, in a single layer on the prepared pans. Bake 15 minutes and then rotate the pans. Continue to bake until panko coating is golden and crisp, 7 to 12 minutes more.
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1774 Elizabeth Ann Seton, first American-born Catholic Saint, is born in New York City
1917 President Woodrow Wilson is picketed by women suffragists
1963 Martin Luther King, Jr. attends Civil Rights March on Washington D.C. and delivers his "I have a Dream" speech
1987 Hollywood Producer John Huston dies
1996 Charles and Diana divorce
2005 The Mayor of New Orleans orders people to evacuate in front of Hurricane Katrina
2006 Fugitive Polygamist Warren Jeffs is arrested
2012 The GOP Convention begins but is put on hold for speeches due to Hurricane Isaac