"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes."
- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0071 HOW TO MAKE GUMMY BEARS
- WHAT IN THE WORLD?
Still hot but back to our old desert dry heat. Wasn't surprised to see it as 100F when I walked by the temperature gauge. Without the humidity, it sure didn't feel
- My photographs don't do me justice- they just look like me.
- A bachelor is just a guy who never made the same mistake once.
- His finest hour lasted a minute and a half.
- Burt Reynolds once asked me out. I was in his room.
- Our dog died from licking our wedding picture.
- Best way to get rid of kitchen odors-Eat out!
- Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
- I admit I have a tremendous sex drive. My boyfriend lives 40 miles away.
- Aim high and you won't shoot your foot off.
- You know you're old if your walker has an airbag.
- My mother-in-law had a pain under her left breast...turned out to be a trick knee.
- We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve telling them to sit down and shut up.
- I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them.
- Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age - as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.
- Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home.
- Tranquilizers work only if you follow the advice on the bottle - keep away from children.
- Any time three New Yorkers get into a cab without an argument, a bank has just been robbed.
- There's so little money in my bank account, my scenic checks show a ghetto.
- Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.
- I asked the waiter, 'Is this milk fresh?' He said, 'Lady, three hours ago it was grass.'
- You know you're old if they have discontinued your blood type.
- I buried a lot of my ironing in the back yard.I'm eighteen years behind in my ironing.
- My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor.
- I've been asked to say a couple of words about my husband, Fang. How about short and cheap?
- Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.
- Old age is when the liver spots show through your gloves.
- A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
Mix the gelatin with the Kool-Aid and Jello.
Slowly add the gelatin, Kool-Aid, and Jell-O to 1/2 of a cup of water.
Microwave the mixture on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds (or just until the top of the mixture bubbles or foams).
*These timings may be a little off, so pay close attention to what you are doing.
*The candy might stick to flimsy plastic molds, so try to get sturdy ones.
*A very light coating of non-stick cooking spray can be used to line the plastic mold to make it easier for the candy to release when it is ready.
*Don’t limit yourself to just gummy bears. There are hundreds of different candy molds available.
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1775 The King of England declares the American colonies were in rebellion against the crown
1848 Ulysses S. Grant marries
1851 America wins the First America's Cup
1864 International Red Cross founded
1902 Teddy Roosevelt becomes the first American President to ride in an automobile
1933 The Barker clan kills an officer in a fruitless robbery
1938 Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers grace the cover of LIFE
1950 Althea Gibson, the first African-American, is invited to compete in the US Open
1992 Hurricane Andrew smashes thru the Bahamas;Incident at Ruby Ridge
2012 Rep. Todd Akin is in trouble over his "legitimate rape" remark and defies GOP leaders to stay in the race