- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0072 GRANDMA CAMERON'S POUND CAKE
- WHAT IN THE WORLD?
Today's photo comes to us from Virginia i Lake Forest, California. She has been babying her banana plant, which she received by mail. It has grown from one inch to 14 inches and looks great! Way to go, Virginia!
The weather is starting to be bearable again. The plants don't look half as stressed, although the annuals are pretty much gone now. We are still hitting the high 90's but with dry heat, much more pleasant.
- "The Soothing Sounds of Gilbert Gottried" on VHS
- Barbara Bush sex tape
- Special limited edition of Batman where the Riddler says everything in the form of knock knock jokes.
- College Degree (never used)
- Donald Trump hair piece
- Mitt Romney's birth certificate in mint condition
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1718 French settlers in Louisiana named their settlement Duc L'Orleans, which later became New Orleans
1835 The NY Times prints "The Great Moon Hoax"
1944 Paris is liberated from the Nazis
1950 President Truman orders the railroads to be under government control
1962 Little Eva earns a #1 hit with "Loco-motion"
2009 Ted Kennedy dies at age 77
1975 Bruce Springsteen's breakthrough album, "Born To Run" is released
2012 Police kill gunman outside Empire State Building