“If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. Nothing stimulates our appetite for the simple joys of life more than the starvation caused by sadness or desperation. In order to complete our amazing life journey successfully, it is vital that we turn each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom, and find the blessing in every curse.” ― Anthon St. Maarten
- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- AWKWARD PHOTO OF THE DAY
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE #0059 S'MORES
- WHAT IN THE WORLD?
So today was supposed to be the hottest day, along with tomorrow at 111F. It is about 4:30 pm, late afternoon and it is 104F. It was spitting rain a bit earlier and heavy winds as well.
- EARTH FIRST! We'll stripmine the other planets later.
- "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
- Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
- The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
- Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
- He who laughs last thinks slowest!
- Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
- A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.
- Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
You Will Need:
Chocolate candy bar
Honey Graham Crackers
Large Sized Marshmallows
Break off a square of Graham cracker
Add a piece of Chocolate.
Toast a big marshmallow over the campfire.
Add the hot marshmallow.
Top it with another graham Cracker.
Eat , savor and enjoy!
EDITOR'S Note: You can make S'mores in the microwave. Just put them together and pop them into the microwave on high for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Try cinnamon graham crackers
- Try flavored chocolate
- Try flavored marshmellows, like strawberry
- Put a dollop of fruit jam or fruit filling on graham cracker before adding marshmellow
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1846 The Smithsonian Institution is established
1921 39 year old Franklin Delano Roosevelt comes down with polio
1937 First ever electric guitar patent issued
1949 Truman signs the National Security Bill
1977 Son of Sam arrested
1981 The severed head of Adam Walsh, a 3 yr old child and son of John Walsh is found in a canal in Florida. John Walsh goes on to create America's Most Wanted; Pete Rose sets National League hits record
1984 Red Dawn, the first PG-13 movie is released
1993 Ruth Bader Ginsberg is sworn in as the second woman on the Supreme Court
2012 Misty May-Treanor and Kerry Walsh Jennings win their third consecutive Olympic Gold in Beach Volleyball