- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- GARDEN UPDATE
- WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~SHARE OUR GARDEN RECYCLED CRAFT #RA04 HOMEMADE BUBBLE BLOWER AND BUBBLES
Kinda cooler today in the a.m. but heated up pretty quickly.Some pretty massive winds! Sure hope our fence hangs in there.
Starting to see the effects of the bananfanafofana we used a few days ago. It sure happens quickly- within a week.
Cut my rhubarb and harvested the larger branches, leaving the smaller ones at the base, giving the plant a chance to rest and just maybe we will have another round in August.
WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
What is World Environment Day?World Environment Day is an annual event that is aimed at being the biggest and most widely celebrated global day for positive environmental action.World Environment Day activities take place all year round but conclude on 5 June every year, involving everyone from everywhere.
Through World Environment Day, the United Nations Environment Programme is able to personalize environmental issues and enable everyone to realize not only their responsibility, but also their power to become agents for change in support of sustainable and equitable development.
World Environment Day is also a day for people from all walks of life to come together to ensure a cleaner, greener and brighter outlook for themselves and future generations.
Everyone counts in this initiative and World Environment Day relies on you to make this happen! We call for action – organize a neighborhood clean-up, stop using plastic bags and get your community to do the same, plant a tree or better yet organize a collective tree planting effort, walk to work, start a recycling drive . . . the possibilities are endless.
- There is no such thing as child-proofing your house
- If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite
- A 4 years-old's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant
- If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing pound puppy underwear and a superman cape; It is strong enough however to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room
- Baseballs make marks on ceilings.
- You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on.When using the ceiling fan as a bat you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit.A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
- When you hear the toilet flush and the words "Uh-oh;" it's already too late.
- Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
- A six year old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36 year old man says they can only do it in the movies
- A magnifying glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.
- If you use a waterbed as home plate while wearing baseball shoes it does not leak - it explodes.
- A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq foot house 4 inches deep.
- Legos will pass through the digestive tract of a four year old. Duplos will not.
- Play Dough and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.
- Super glue is forever.
- No matter how much Jello you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
- VCR's do not eject PB&J sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
- Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
- Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
- You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
- Always look in the oven before you turn it on.
- Your fire department has at least a 5 minute response time.
- The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.It will however make cats dizzy.Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
- Quiet does not necessarily mean don't worry.
- A good sense of humor will get you through most problems in life(unfortunately, mostly in retrospect)
- 2:00 AM is not a good time to hear, "Daddy, diapers don't flush!"
- No time is a good time to hear, "Daddy, your tires are 'hisssssing.'
- "You never want to hear, "Watch me fly!" coming from the roof
- Nor do you want to hear, "Your new cell phone doesn't work underwater."
- Driveway seal coating and children DO NOT MIX!
- Never light fireworks inside.
- Under the bed is not a good place to save snowballs for summer.
- Daddy's shoe is not a good home for a pet tarantula.
- Hiding uneaten vegetables in daddy's shoes is not good.
- Bugs are not a dietary supplement.
- Walnuts make the blender act funny.
- Scissors and hair are often a dangerous combination.
- Collecting things is good.Collecting things that come out of your nose is not.
- Eating string is a bad hobby.Discovering string the next day is a disgusting hobby.
- If you hear the words, "Can ya eat a lizard's tail?" It's too late!
- If you hear the words, "Guess what's in my hands." You don't want to know.If you hear the words, "Guess what's in my mouth." You REALLY don't want to know!
- The toilet does not make a permanent fish aquarium.
- Any sentence which contains the word 'Oooops' is bad.Any sentence beginning with, "How much do you love me?" means 'prepare for bad news'
- Throwing daddy's wallet in the trash compactor can change his mood
- Opening all 24 of daddy's cans of beer is a bad idea.
- Lipstick on the TV screen changes mommy's mood.
- Fish cannot use a remote control, even if placed in their tank.
- Setting the hamsters free changes the cat's mood.
- Cats do not like to be wrapped in duct tape.Cats get even.
To celebrate World Environment Day by loving recycling, we are sharing a fun recycled craft- bubbles! Everyone loves bubbles and here is a way to make your own.
Bubbles: To make your own bubble mixture, start out with 1 1/2 cup of warm water. Add 3 tablespoons of light corn syrup or glycerin and stir well. If you do not have light corn syrup or glycerin, you can use white sugar! Just make sure you use 1 1/2 cups of hot water, add about 3 tablespoons of sugar and stir it until all of the sugar is completely dissolved. (The corn syrup, glycerin, or sugar helps the bubbles stick together better and last longer!) Now, add a 1/2 cup of dish soap and stir it carefully so your mixture does not get bubbly. For best results, use a quality dish soap! You may have to play with the measurements a little bit to get perfect bubbles!