- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- TWEET TREATS
- DID YOU KNOW...?
- GARDEN UPDATE
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES ~#0037 SHARE OUR GARDEN RECIPE PATRIOTIC PICNIC SPARKLERS
- WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE FENCE
that tearing a piece (leave it in the foil) of JuicyFruit gum and putting it in a gopher hole, then covering the hole up will speed the death of a gopher?
3 pm and 87F in the afternoon. So sorry with those of you who receive the blog by e-mail as I have no control over FeedBurner. I really rely on you to tell me when you don't receive it...thank you to the ones who alerted me this morning! Just remember to visit the blog online at http://shareourgarden.blogspot.com and don't forget to bookmark!if you don't receive it in your e-mail.
Picked a whole bunch of apricots yesterday and am letting them sit in the sun to ripen a bit more. The birds are starting to get to them.
- I have kleptomania but when it gets bad, I take something for it
- Follow your dreams, except that one where you are naked in church
- My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be, and frankly, neither is my short-term memory.
- A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory
- I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.
- Corduroy pillows are making headlines!
- I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
|Owl always love you|
WHAT IN THE WORLD? OVER THE GARDEN FENCE
On today in American history, people in gardens everywhere were talking about:
1870 The first oceanside boardwalk was opened in Atlantic City
1892 Pearl S. Buck's birthday
1917 WWI first America troops arrive in France
1938 Federal minimum wage laws guarantee workers 40 cents an hour
1947 The tennis shoe is introduced
1956 US Congress approves the Federal Highway Act to construct some 41,000 miles of interstate highways
1975 Sonny and Cher's divorce becomes final
2012 Tropical storm Debby soaks Florida's coast