Robert Frost, 1922
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there's some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
- JUST BLOOMED TODAY
- GARDEN UPDATE
- SIGNS, SIGNS, EVERYWHERE A SIGN!
- GARDEN GIGGLE
- GARDEN GOODIES~ GARDEN SAYINGS
|I made this sign out of a free TV tray thrown away after a rummage sale|
- Wood for your sign...pick a size. All the big box hardware stores will have smaller pieces of pre-cut wood in various sizes. You will want a wood that is not made from sawdust (like MDF) or laminate. These have a tendency to peel apart after a few seasons in the weather. Pine is the cheapest, or alternatively you can use a single fence slat. Many of them come with cute top edges like spires, etc. (NOTE: If you are planning to have a hanging sign and do not have a drill at home, have the hardware store put two holes in it for you, one at each end at the top)
- Post. A good size would be a 1" by 2" (or, if you are planning to have a hanging sign, you will need a coat hanger or a length of heavy wire).
- Sandpaper Medium grade
- (3-5) Drywall screws, 3"long
- Clear High Gloss Spray acrylic
- Paint pens (you can find these at Michael's or online)
- a ruler and pencil with eraser
One of my most popular art chats was the one on Garden Sayings. Here are just a few to spark your creativity!:
One is never nearer to God than in a garden
Like life, few gardens have only flowers
May all your weeds be wildflowers
Thyme began in a garden
Gardeners know the best dirt
Bloom where you are planted
Garden of Weeden
I fought the lawn and the lawn won
Never enough thyme
Old gardeners never die, they just go to seed
If friends were flowers, I'd pick you!
God bless the hand of the person who gardens
Mothers are flowers in the garden of life
Mom's garden, Dad's weeds
Welcome to our Patch!
My reality check bounced!
Laundry Room-Drop Your Pants Here!
Love, laughter and friends always welcome
Sit long, laugh often, talk much
A day hemmed in prayer seldom unravels
Count only the sunny hours
Gardening is for the birds!
Gardening forever, housework whenever
I'm not aging, I just need repotting!
Forget the dog- beware of the kids!
Do you have a favorite garden saying? Share here!