Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Remember the meadowlark

Do not worry!"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
Matthew 6:26

TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM

  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • FAUNA
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY
Lilac
 
GARDEN UPDATE
Today while I was watering, I was listening to my garden. The air was soft and the sun mild and the wind had finally calmed down. I could hear the plants growing and some sleeping. I could hear the doggies play and chase each other around the garden, in among the flowers sleepily poking their heads up. I could hear the ravens scold each other and then I heard it, a meadowlark! Then I just knew it was going to be a good day.



When I was young and in elementary school, we used to go to a school that was located at the bottom of a very big hill. Sometimes my Mom would get us to school a little early, and being the good mom that she was, she wasn't going to just drop us off before anyone was there. So, we would drive up the big hill to a street that went the entire length of the top of the hill, Skyline Drive. At the very top was a place we could pull over, and we used to get out and pick wildflowers and listen to the beautiful sounds of nature in the wild.


I was a pretty DFI (Don't Fit In-ner) kid so when I showed up at school with wildflowers in my hair they thought I was even weirder. 


But I could always count on it being a good day if I heard a meadowlark sing. It was my own special sign that God saw me and it was going to be a good day.And it always was!


So, today, when I heard the meadowlark, I was smiling and remembered that moment when I was paying bills!


Here, listen for yourself, so you can have a good day, too!


GARDEN GIGGLE

FAUNA


FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook!

No comments: