Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Earth Day!

" As I Ventured To The Wood"
Mark R. Slaughter


As I ventured to the wood,
I stopped to draw on dewy air, let
Droplets shimmer in my hair, that
Rested on my tranquil head-as
In a sense of cozy bed.


As I ventured to the wood
A gesturing cuckoo perched above.
And then in song with cooing dove.
"You're welcome", bade he "Enter please
To roam our land with gentle breeze."


As I ventured to the wood
A fallow deer of limpid eye
Gave care to glance at lucky I.
The heavenly aura 'bout her glow had
Charmed me like a fine Bordeaux.


As I ventured to the wood
A dazzling flower waved her face
In blazing show of dance and chase, and
Reddened bright in shade of dawn, she
Flirted like a prancing fawn.


As I ventured to the wood
a butterfly had graced my arm,
And knowing that I bid him no harm, he
Splayed for me hypnotic wing in
Colours for to urge me sing!


As I ventured to the wood
The radiant sun shone down on me
He flushed and beamed "I say to thee,
You bless your land; be filled with pride, and
Cherish e'er yon countryside!"


TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM

  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • HAPPY EARTH DAY!
  • FAUNA
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • GARDEN GAMES
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY


GARDEN UPDATE
Hiding inside is going to be my M.O. this summer! That heat makes me sick, so I have planned all sorts of indoor projects that have needed my attention for a fairly long time now.


I wish I had "smell-a-vision" so you could smell my yards. The locust trees are all in bloom and their gorgeous, intoxicating scent permeates the entire property. The dripping white flowers shimmer gracefully in the breeze, sending off spurts of perfume! Have to enjoy it while it lasts, as they are only in bloom for such a short time.
HAPPY EARTH DAY!

The first Earth Day was held in 1970, and tried to fuel the anti-war sentiments against the Vietnam War into a more national importance with environmental concerns.


The idea came to Earth Day founder Gaylord Nelson, then a U.S. Senator from Wisconsin, after witnessing the ravages of the 1969 massive oil spill in Santa Barbara, California. Inspired by the student anti-war movement, he realized that if he could infuse that energy with an emerging public consciousness about air and water pollution, it would force environmental protection onto the national political agenda.


As a result, on the 22nd of April, 1970, 20 million Americans took to the streets, parks and auditoriums to demonstrate for a healthy, sustainable environment in massive coast-to-coast rallies. The first Earth Day led to the creation of the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the passage of the Clean Air, Clean Water and Endangered Species Act. In 1990, Earth Day went global, mobilizing 200 million people in 141 countries. Below please find a video of that first Earth Day. Mobile Users- you may not be able to view this on your device, so an alternate link to watch this is:  here
  


Here's another fun link...test your carbon footprint in the world by going here. And remember to love our Earth by recycling, reducing and reusing!!
GARDEN GIGGLE

FAUNA

GARDEN GAMES
Answer tomorrow

FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook!

No comments: