Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring

 

TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM

  •  JUST BLOOMED TODAY
  •  GARDEN UPDATE
  •  GARDEN GIGGLE
  •  FAUNA
  •  FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY
Iris

Dahlia
GARDEN UPDATE
Yesterday when I posted the photo of the dahlia, I forgot to show some sort of scale so you could see how really big they get. So the above photo is of a tennis ball relation in size to the dahlia.

Mild weather today. Wanted to be hot but didn't quite get there because the wind and cloud cover kept it from getting too hot. Supposed to have rain over the weekend, but no snow, so we'll see.

My manure tea is fermenting nicely, and I have been saving my coffee grounds and egg shells and waiting for the bananas I bought to get nice and overripe. Then once it rains the ground will be nice and soft and I can plop them right into a freshly dug hole!

I was happily surprised to find that a third rhubarb plant that struggled along last year and never did produce is now back and seems to be very strong! They are all growing so fast and the stalks are already about 3 inches tall. Now, if we can just keep the squirrels from eating them...


How are your garden plans coming along? Do you have green shoots and flowers in your garden?

As I type this, windchimes are loyally singing their night tunes in the windy air as the moon smiles serenely on.
GARDEN GIGGLE
When do monkeys fall from the sky?
In ape-ril

Can February March?
No, but April May!

What flowers grow on faces?
two-lips

What is the letter "A" like a flower?
A "B" comes after it

Why is everyone so tired on April 1?
Because they have just finished a long 31 day March 
FAUNA
 


FEEDBACK
As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here; Or find us on Facebook!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Cute spring chickens cartoon!