Saturday, February 25, 2012

Angels in the Garden

"In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels." Dodinsky


TODAY'S SEEDS OF WISDOM

  • JUST BLOOMED TODAY
  • GARDEN UPDATE
  • GARDEN GIGGLE
  • FAUNA
  • FEEDBACK
JUST BLOOMED TODAY
  
GARDEN UPDATE
Just a wee note to let you all know how the garden is faring. We are seeing many new blooms each day and lots more to come. Today the weather was a gorgeous sunny 78F.

Of course, since I just bought tomatoes in pony packs, it is going to SNOW tomorrow <sigh>. Good thing I didn't plant them yet. Gotta love the California desert! One day it is t-shirt and shorts weather and the next you are making snowballs!
  
The 'experiment' with the lettuce being inside that I had shared with you previously, worked so swimmingly that I added more thyme and some lemon thyme as well. I was also encouraged enough to add another strawberry pot and planted sugar snap peas (the squirrel eats those, too). So far so good and I have been misting them as well. They are thriving, so fingers crossed.

Once I plant the tomatoes, I will be planting them topsy-turvy style and I will be doing an entire post on how to do that, with DIY photos, so stay tuned!

GARDEN GIGGLE
   the Gardeners
 
We dug the plot on Monday –
the soil was rich and fine,
We forgot to thaw out dinner –
so we went out to dine...
We planted roses Tuesday –
we think they are a must,
They really are quite lovely
but we quite forgot to dust.
On Wednesday it was daisies –
they opened up with the sun,
All whites and pinks and yellows –
but the laundry wasn’t done...
The poppies came on Thursday -
a bright and cherry red,
I guess we really were engrossed –
we never made the bed...
It was violets on Friday –
in colors we adore,
It never bothered us at all –
all crumbs upon the floor.
We hired a maid on Saturday 
our week is now complete,
We can garden all we want –
the house will still be neat!
It’s nearly lunchtime Sunday –
and we cannot find the maid,
Oh no! I don’t believe it!
She’s out there WITH THE SPADE!



FAUNA


FEEDBACK
   As always, we would love to hear from you! Please share here. Or visit us on Facebook!


No comments: