Friday, January 27, 2012

Wacky Weather


"Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps,
Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvests reaps"
Amos Bronson Alcott

Hi! How was your day today? Here it was strange. Cold and overcast in the a.m. and warm and windy for a few hours before jumping back to blustery and cold again. These poor plants don't know what's up!

Betty's First Sweet Pea this year

Of course, my sister Betty had the first sweet pea bloom! Already! Ack! I haven't even planted mine yet for danger of frost. She has such a green thumb and beautiful garden.

Now that Rose School is done, we are back to sharing our garden. Walking around this morning, I took an inventory of what flowers were blooming now in our garden.
Narcissus and Violas 
It always amazes me that we even have flowers at all in this cold weather, but the bulbs LOVE the cold and it signals them to get going!

What I can't share with you here online is the incredible fragrance of the narcissus- light, airy and powerful, these little wonders pack a punch!

I have such gratitude for this special place and that we get to be the guardians of it.

 Tomorrow: My heroine, the Daffodil Lady of Running Springs, California

No comments: