Thursday, January 5, 2012

Garden musings

Today was more garden cleaning so I found my mind wandering- a nice side effect of gardening. It was nice and softly sunny and as the ravens cawed and birds flew overhead, I thought about my mom and how she loved flowers. She was the kind of person people fell in love with so easily.
When I was growing up, after dinner we would often go for a walk with the dogs and she would invariably see a plant or flower in someone's yard and before you could blink she was knocking on the door and soon we were walking back home with handfuls of that new plant and mom had made a new friend. And every time we saw that plant growing and blooming in the garden we would remember that kind person who shared it with us, so we could share it with others.All for the mutual love of gardening.

No comments: